Kundalini is a concept of Hinduism. In Sanskrit it means “snake coil.” whereas the other meaning is ‘the snake power’. The concept of Kundalini comes from yogic philosophy of ancient India.
The Kundalini is considered as a huge storage of sacred energy, situated at the base of the spine, in the root chakra called the Muladhara Chakra. Kundalini Yoga is a meditation technique of breathing, concentration and postures.
The power of Kundalini is supposed to be raised through meditations. It is also believed as an aspect of Shakti, the Goddess and consort of Lord Shiva.
Kundalini Yoga is explained in terms of the Hindu chakra system. According to Hindu tradition the Kundalini raises from the root-chakra upwards through the spine and it activates each chakra through which it passes.
Kundalini is generally developed through Yoga meditation of Mantra Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Laya Yoga or Kriya Yoga.
But there is a way, if you want to practice other than yogic meditations, which is as follows-
* Select an absolute calm place..
* Adjust the lighting and temperature of the venue..
* You may play in background a soothing music..
* Decide a comfortable posture by sitting or sleeping..
* Now fully concentrate in to the center of your beingness..
* Completely relax all parts of your body ..
* Regulate your breathing..
* Inhale slowly and deep through your nose..
* Retain the breath for a long time..
* Exhale full breath through the mouth gradually..
* Repeat for 3 more times or more if comfortable..
Begin at your Crown Chakra and move your focus down through all the Chakras to the Base Chakra.
* Begin from the top to bottom as directed here..
* Imagine your Crown Chakra opening..
* See the bright white glow of light enters the Crown Chakra and steadily moves down through your spine.
* The white glow opens your Third Eye Chakra and you may observe bright vibrant shades especially in blue, green and violet colours.* The white glow moves down to your Throat Chakra cleaning all the nodes and you will feel like singing.
* The white glow of light now enters your Heart Chakra and now you get a feeling of passion and happiness.
* The white light enters below ribs, in your Solar Plexus Chakra releasing you from all the tensions..
* See the white light enter the Seat of the Soul Chakra subsiding the pains and other irregularities if any..
* The white light now enters your Root Base Chakra and starts activating the energy of the Base Chakra the Muladhara Chakra.
* Now you will feel the energy emerging from the Base Chakra moving upwards. The energy from the base of your spine passes up through all the Chakras giving you a divine and blissful feeling.
* Relax and come back to normal..
* This exercise of focusing on the Kundalini raises the inner spiritual power, as you practice more and more.
* If you experience the Kundalini awakening and fully rising to the level of the Crown Chakra and above it, then you will experience divine siddhas (the subtle powers) and oneness with God/Goddess.